WORK WITH US
Business or sports administration? Marketing and communications? Data and market research? Whatever your professional passion, take your career to the next level at Gemba.DISCOVER PEOPLE & CULTURE
Full-Time & Part-Time Positions
Work with the authority.
HEAD OF INSIGHTS | MELBOURNE OR SYDNEY
- Senior Leader Position based in either Melbourne or Sydney
- Lead a growing and dynamic team in a fast paced industry
- Work with the biggest brands in the world of broadcast, sports & entertainment
Gemba. It’s a Japanese word that means ‘the real place’ – the place we go to discover what’s really happening, to uncover truths and to listen.
We are Gemba, and as the authority in sport and entertainment, our unique curiosity is spearheaded by our Head of Insights, whose primary role is to lead a talented team that seeks to understand what fans are really thinking, feeling and doing.
As Head of Insights, you will blend your knowledge, experience, and capability in research with a rich understanding of the sport and entertainment landscape.
And you’ll be delivering world-class work. Had you been at Gemba for the past 12 months, you would have…
- Delivered groundbreaking research into women’s sport for Women’s Sports Trust (UK), Office for Women in Sport and Recreation and Foxtel
- Developed global fan segmentation for LIV Golf, based on the behaviours and attitudes of golf fans mined from a combination of qualitative and quantitative studies across four major markets
- Delivered price choice modelling to help FIFA set ticketing and hospitality prices for the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023 AUNZ
- Determined the impact of broadcast sponsorships in sport and reality formats for Seven, Nine, Foxtel and Optus Sport
- Provided brand health tracking for major sports including Football Australia and Supercars
- Calculated the lifetime customer value of participants for one of Australia’s biggest sports
What is the role?
As Head of Insights, you’ll have a strong track record of generating data insights to inform strategic business decisions and drive significant industry impact. Your team will gather, manage, and interpret data to drive and support client strategies. As leader of the Insights Division, you’ll play a key role in harnessing Gemba’s data as a strategic asset.
You will be an inspiring leader and mentor to a talented research team of eight. Working closely with your own clients and those of other Gemba Divisions, you’ll manage the delivery of research projects for Government Agencies, National Sports Organisations, Leagues, Teams, Media Companies, Investors and Brands.
Reporting to the Managing Director, this role is also accountable for managing, developing, and commercialising Gemba’s Global Proprietary Research program.
P&L management and business development skills are key, therefore experience presenting to senior management teams, proven lead-generation and sales experience are mandatory.
Who are we looking for?
The Head of Insights becomes an important part of the company’s Leadership Team. The role demands an experienced, well networked researcher with proven experience managing research programs and translating the findings into actionable strategy.
You will have at least 10 years of experience developing research programs, extracting and analysing data.
Additional skills and experience required include;
- Strong research capabilities within an agency environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly developed people management skills
- Excellent analytical and creative thinking abilities
- Advanced PowerPoint, Word, SPSS, Q Software and Excel skills (or program equivalents)
- Experience combining consumer research with client data to enable better decision making
- Experience with different data visualisation techniques and tools
This is an outstanding opportunity to bring your research skills to a market leader in the ever-evolving world of sport and entertainment.
How to apply for this job?
Written applications including a CV and COVER LETTER should be addressed to our People & Culture team.
Applications close Friday 8th of September
Note: All candidates require working rights of this country to perform the role.
Gemba is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and encourage people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or other protected characteristics or similar.
Recruitment Agencies, we appreciate the interest but we’ve got this one covered. Thanks!Apply for this job
Kick-start your career at Gemba.
Gemba offers third year university students who are currently studying an undergraduate degree the opportunity to complete their Vocational Placement at Gemba. If you are required to complete a set number of placement hours as part of your course, then come and get the best S&E experience with us, …
- The placement must be done as a requirement of a tertiary education or training course.
- The placement is unpaid
- The placement will be for a set period of time depending on the requirement of the course.
To apply, please send your CV/Resume to [email protected]
Unfortunately we are unable to offer work experience placements to secondary school students or to graduates who have completed their university degree.
For 3rd year tertiary students who are not required to complete placement hours as part of their degree but are still studying, we will consider applications pending an official request from your University.Apply for this job