WORK WITH US
Business or sports administration? Marketing and communications? Data and market research?
Whatever your professional passion, take your career to the next level at Gemba.
Full-Time & Part-Time Positions
Work with the authority.
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE | MELBOURNE
- Working with high profile global brands in the Sports and Entertainment industry
- Dynamic team culture in a supportive working environment
- Continuous Learning & Development opportunities
Do you have a passion for sport and entertainment marketing and want to work along-side the biggest companies in Australia? Now is your chance to be a part of our Account Management Team, the most exciting area in marketing.
Gemba is looking to recruit a passionate, motivated Account Executive that wants experience a variety of channels – content, social, events, activations, TVCs and more. So, if you are hankering to start your career in Sport and Entertainment and are keen to learn to manage the execution of marketing communications from creative brief to production delivery (i.e. Events, Advertising Production, Sponsorship, Content, Digital, Social), then read on.
Gemba is a leading Sports & Entertainment consultancy with offices in Australia, New Zealand and Asia and an enviable client list across the sporting, entertainment and consumer goods sector.
Our Marketing team works with brands to understand and identify how they can connect with their target audience through Sport and Entertainment. We achieve this through a considered and rigorous approach that is underpinned by consumer insights.
Outstanding people and culture are at the heart of our business and we judge ourselves on actions and behaviours. We take our values seriously. We measure them, hold ourselves accountable and hire accordingly. We invest in our people by offering a wide range of employee benefits designed to provide a positive, fun and balanced work/life experience.
A little about the role
Based in Melbourne and reporting to the Senior Account Manager, you will be responsible for contributing to and/or managing the day to day workflow of assigned clients’ business and Marketing Communications projects by understanding and contributing to effective client management and budget control and managing external vendors to ensure the optimal profitability on projects and maximum client impact.
- Project managing the key assigned accounts or projects
- Managing and supporting development of creative campaigns
- Developing strong client relationships based on trust and integrity
- Managing and supporting the estimating and budgeting process
- Completion of post-analysis event case studies and sharing of learnings with the team
- Contributing to the provision of market insights
A little about you
You will have tertiary qualifications in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, PR, Events or Media. Your excellent communication skills, organisational skills, proactivity and attention to detail will set you apart from other applicants.
You will thrive in a fast paced, busy environment that will see you work across a multitude of tasks at any one time. An energetic personality is important; we are seeking a hardworking, diligent marketing professional, but you must have the ability to let your hair down and have a laugh with the fantastic team that surrounds you.
More specifically, you will have:
- A keen interest to learn about managing the execution of marketing communications (i.e. Content, Advertising Production, Sponsorship, Events, Digital, Content, Social) from creative brief to production delivery
- A keen interest in key stakeholder management including liaising with clients and other external agencies
- Good spreadsheet skills for the purposes of managing budgets
- Strong project management skills, including process and procedures (e.g. critical paths, project plans)
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Valid ‘Working With Children’ Check and a Current Driver’s License
As you will be involved in activations for your client you will need to be prepared to work, on occasion, outside of normal office hours.
This is an exciting opportunity to bring your A-game to a market leading business in the most dynamic of industries.
How to apply for this job?
Written applications including a CV and COVER LETTER should be addressed to Barbara Skanavis, Talent Acquisition Manager.
Applications close Friday, 20th December 2019
Note: You must hold the right to live and work in Australia
Apply for this job
Kick-start your career at Gemba.
Gemba offers third year university students who are currently studying an undergraduate degree the opportunity to complete their Vocational Placement at Gemba. If you are required to complete a set number of placement hours as part of your course, then come and get the best S&E experience with us, …
- The placement must be done as a requirement of a tertiary education or training course.
- The placement is unpaid
- The placement will be for a set period of time depending on the requirement of the course.
To apply, please send your CV/Resume to email@example.com
Unfortunately we are unable to offer work experience placements to secondary school students or to graduates who have completed their university degree.
For 3rd year tertiary students who are not required to complete placement hours as part of their degree but are still studying, we will consider applications pending an official request from your University.Apply for this job