WORK WITH US
Business or sports administration? Marketing and communications? Data and market research? Whatever your professional passion, take your career to the next level at Gemba.DISCOVER PEOPLE & CULTURE
Full-Time & Part-Time Positions
Work with the authority.
ADVERTISING MANAGER | MELBOURNE
- 2+ years of experience working in marketing and advertising
- Work with the biggest Sport & Entertainment clients in Australia
- Proven experience in client management
Gemba is the authority in Sport & Entertainment, and we’re currently looking for an enthusiastic Advertising Manager to join our Marketing division. Based in Melbourne, this is an exciting opportunity to establish yourself as a marketer in a leading business in the most dynamic of industries.
Gemba is a leading Sports & Entertainment consultancy with offices in Australia, New Zealand and Europe with an enviable list of local and global clients across the sporting, entertainment and consumer goods sector.
Our Marketing team works with brands to understand and identify how they can connect with their target audience through Sport and Entertainment. We achieve this through a considered and rigorous approach that is underpinned by consumer insights.
Outstanding people and culture are at the heart of our business and we judge ourselves on actions and behaviours. We take our values seriously. We measure them, hold ourselves accountable and hire accordingly. We invest in our people by offering a wide range of employee benefits designed to provide a positive, fun and balanced work/life experience.
What is the role?
Based in Melbourne, the Advertising Manager is part of the Marketing Strategy team. They will work on the development and implementation of sport and entertainment Marketing and advertising programs, as well as the delivery of Consumer and Market Insights to support Client Projects. The role encompasses both creative, and strategic, problem solving and will provide you with exposure to internal and client stakeholders.
Additionally, you will be responsible for building strong working relationships with Gemba clients and key rights holders, implementing internal marketing and communications projects and managing external vendors to ensure the optimal profitability on projects and contributing to the collation and distribution of market insights.
More about the role:
- directing the development and implementation of sales strategies and setting sales targets in order to maximise an organisation’s sales and customer loyalty
- directing the development and implementation of strategies to promote an organisation’s goods and services to as many people as possible
- directing the development and implementation of strategies to generate increased consumption of an organisation’s goods and services through the creation and reinforcement of ‘brand image’ or ‘brand loyalty’
- directing the development and implementation of strategies to build and maintain an organisation’s image and reputation with its customers, investors and the wider public
Our salary range for this role is AUD$55,000 – $65,000 (plus superannuation)
Who are we looking for?
Our new Advertising Manager will be tertiary qualified and have some experience in the planning and development of marketing programs (i.e. Media, Advertising, Sponsorship, PR). You’ll thrive in a dynamic environment, working across a multitude of tasks simultaneously. We’re looking for an energetic, career-minded individual with excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills and a general understanding of marketing, media and business disciplines. Other skills and experience includes –
- Tertiary qualification in either Commerce, Economics, Finance, Law, Marketing (or similar)
- Preferred 2 – 3 years’ work experience at a company relevant to their studies
- General understanding of marketing, media and business disciplines
- General involvement in the development of strategies based on insights
- Understanding of both quantitative and qualitative research methods and the appropriate uses, and an ability to apply insights
- Good understanding of the key success factors for brands in achieving their objectives through sport and entertainment
- Strong analytical capability
- Ability to solve problems logically and with clear structure
- The ability to think creatively and be comfortable with ambiguity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent project, stakeholder and time management skills
It’s a great opportunity to kick-start your career with this fast moving and successful business that is breaking new ground in the industry.
How to apply for this job?
Written applications including a CV and cover letter addressing the key selection criteria outlined above should be addressed to Nick Perry, Talent Acquisition Manager, and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Wednesday July 15th 2020
NB: All candidates require working rights of this country to perform the role.
Recruitment Agencies we appreciate the interest but we’ve got this one covered. Thanks!Apply for this job
DIVISIONAL MANAGER: MARKETING STRATEGY | SYDNEY OR MELBOURNE
Full-Time, Sydney or Melbourne
- Work on the biggest marketing campaigns in Sport & Entertainment
- Lead a talented team
- Help maintain and build our client portfolio
If you are passionate about helping businesses achieve their goals by engaging consumers through Sport and Entertainment’ then this is a role you will relish.
In this new role as the Divisional Manager – Marketing Strategy, you’ll not only be a team player, you’ll be a leader, ready you manage and mentor the Marketing Strategy team as we help some of the largest investors in sponsorship plan, buy, activate and evaluation their sport and entertainment assets.
With significant experience across client, agency or rights holder under your belt, you’ll come equipped with the knowledge, experience and capability needed to successfully take this division to the next level.
We offer great rewards, workplace flexibility and the potential to job-share for the right candidates. This role can be based in either Melbourne or Sydney.
What is the role?
Gemba works hand-in-hand with clients to create sport and entertainment marketing strategies founded on real insights and grounded by clearly defined strategy. Using our proprietary market research, client and third party data along with our proprietary planning tools, we apply a rigorous approach to defining investment purpose and developing effective strategies that create a framework for strong connections with target audiences. By asking the right questions and deliver compelling answers, you will help clients such as Toyota, Coca-Cola, McDonald’s, Westpac, Sanitarium, Mondelez, adidas to create optimal marketing plans for the Sport and Entertainment sectors.
Working closely with Gemba’s wider Marketing and Insights teams, the Divisional Manager will be responsible for assisting brands with Sports & Entertainment investment strategies and ideas, assisting Sports and Entertainment Organisations with Branding and Communications Strategies, as well as driving continued improvement in Gemba intellectual capital and the evolution of our ‘house views’.
New business development is a key requirement of this role therefore experience presenting to senior and middle management teams is a must as is proven lead generation experience and sales planning. ABC.
This is a great opportunity to lead and develop an existing team, so you’ll need to have excellent people skills and demonstrated leadership and mentoring experience.
Who are we looking for?
This key senior role is integral to the future of Gemba and demands an experienced and highly connected marketer with proven experience developing sports and entertainment marketing strategy and a person with senior strategic planning skills. You will have significant experience in developing strategies supported by research with the ability to extract and analyse data to uncover key insights. Additional skills and experience required include:
- Excellent understanding of marketing and business disciplines and processes.
- Demonstrated experience in managing marketing projects, as well as writing and implementing marketing/brand and plans and strategies.
- Demonstrated experience in communications strategy and planning
- An understanding of how Agency business models operate (achieved through either Agency or Client experience)
- Demonstrated experience in Brand Measurement and Tracking
- Highly developed people management skills
- Excellent analytical and creative thinking abilities
- Workshop facilitation skills
- Experience managing large clients and senior stakeholders at brands and rightsholder partners
- Well respected by our industry and with a network of value you will have a clear and considered view of the future of our industry
- New business identification and conversion. You must be able to close out new project opportunities with existing and new clients
What will make you stand out?
- Sports. And Entertainment. You know it, you love it, you’re connected. And you will have an expert understanding of the Australian sport and entertainment landscape from a commercial landscape
- You need to be comfortable on the tools – Our team is brilliant, and your skills will help take them to the next level
- You need to fit with us and vice versa. Our culture and company values are not negotiable
This is an outstanding opportunity to bring your strategic marketing skills to a market leading business in the Sports & Entertainment industries.
How to apply for this job?
Written applications including a CV and COVER LETTER should be addressed to Nick Perry, People & Culture Coordinator.
Note: All candidates require working rights in Australia to perform the role.
Recruitment Agencies, we appreciate the interest but we’ve got this one covered. Thanks!
Apply for this job
Kick-start your career at Gemba.
Gemba offers third year university students who are currently studying an undergraduate degree the opportunity to complete their Vocational Placement at Gemba. If you are required to complete a set number of placement hours as part of your course, then come and get the best S&E experience with us, …
- The placement must be done as a requirement of a tertiary education or training course.
- The placement is unpaid
- The placement will be for a set period of time depending on the requirement of the course.
To apply, please send your CV/Resume to email@example.com
Unfortunately we are unable to offer work experience placements to secondary school students or to graduates who have completed their university degree.
For 3rd year tertiary students who are not required to complete placement hours as part of their degree but are still studying, we will consider applications pending an official request from your University.Apply for this job