WORK WITH US
Business or sports administration? Marketing and communications? Data and market research? Whatever your professional passion, take your career to the next level at Gemba.DISCOVER PEOPLE & CULTURE
Full-Time & Part-Time Positions
Work with the authority.
DIVISIONAL MANAGER, DATA SERVICES | SYDNEY OR MELBOURNE
Full-time, Melbourne or Sydney
If you believe sport and entertainment is more than just a weekend thing, then you should come and play with us.
As our Divisional Manager of Data Services , you’ll not only be a team player, you’ll be a leader. The role will see you manage and mentor the growing data team and fit right into Gemba’s leadership group. With significant experience under your belt, you’ll carry the knowledge, experience and drive needed to successfully tackle this opportunity head on.
Gemba are looking for an ambitious, commercially savvy leader to grow our Fan Data Services business. If you:
- have demonstrated success in building, growing or managing a data/analytics-focused consulting and services business
- can get your hands dirty in the data as well as advise senior managers on their data strategy and how to apply data and insight to grow their businesses
- love sport and entertainment and the challenge of converting strategy into a high-quality executional approach
- … then we want you on our team!
WELCOME TO GEMBA
Gemba is a part of the broader ‘Tenka’, an expanding group of companies dedicated to shaping a better future for the sport and entertainment industry. Our group comprises Gemba, the authority in sport and entertainment insights, strategy and communications; and Turnstile, a holistic sponsorship platform providing market-based valuations, software and data tools for rights holders and brands globally.
To meet increasing client demands, we are expanding our data and analytics offer and appointing a team of analysts and consultants to continue to support our current clients and acquire new customers. We work with first party and other data to host, cleanse, manage, integrate, analyse and visualise insights, leading to increased sales of tickets, memberships, subscriptions, merchandise and sponsorships for sports and entertainment organisations.
We have worked with many of the world’s leading sports organisations, broadcasters and brands, including FIFA and Formula 1, and locally Cricket Australia, the NRL, Melbourne Storm, and Paralympics Australia.
This role aims to blend delivery of our current data and analytics offer to existing clients, business development and new customer acquisition, and ongoing evolution of our broader Fan Data Services offer and capabilities. You will manage a team of direct staff and technology partners, and work closely with senior client stakeholders and the Gemba leadership team to aggressively grow the business.
We are seeking an all-rounder with a rare combination of entrepreneurial commercial acumen, team leadership, deep data/analytics/technology domain knowledge, and sports/entertainment industry experience.
- Data driven mindset with the ability to work across multiple clients and multiple technology stacks to support their needs
- Strategic mindset, able to understand and help execute the Gemba and Tenka growth strategy
- Product development mindset, with demonstrated history of implementing technology and/or data projects in an agile manner
- Commercial mindset; not afraid of setting, chasing and hitting revenue targets
- Independent and proactive planner, prepared to take responsibility, confident in managing upwards and prepared to challenge
- Passionate about the role that data and digital transformation can play in the sports and entertainment world
- Interested in the sports business industry, able to understand the context of the world in which Tenka and Gemba operate
- Excited by the size of the opportunity to grow internally and embrace the company values of dynamism, discipline, empathy and integrity
- Entrepreneurial track record of new business development and growth, with a strong network in the space to explore and execute direct hires and strategic partnerships that will rapidly scale our capabilities and capacity
- Ability to work individually where required with excellent communication skills to collaborate with the Australian and global team via remote working
- Ability to build relationships internally and with external stakeholders across the industry, as well as be the face of our Fan Data Services offer in the market
- Experience managing a small team including leading projects and ad-hoc working groups
- Strong communication skills including written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to write high value documents with minimal supervision
- High attention to detail and capacity to give and receive constructive feedback
OBJECTIVES OF THE ROLE
- Lead in the development of the Fan Data Services division, including data, analytics, visualisation/business intelligence and data-driven marketing services across the Gemba client base
- You will be equally responsible across Product Management, Customer Success, and Business Development pillars of the role
Customer Success (Client Service and Delivery)
- Successful delivery of Data Ignition, Acceleration and Services engagements with clients across the sport and entertainment sector
- Deliver audits, strategy documents and roadmaps for Gemba clients – taking ownership of client deliverables and data strategy implementation/change management within client organisations
- Transition of Data Ignition/Acceleration clients into ongoing Data Services retainers, and retention of those clients
- Maintain strong relationships with client decision-makers and advocates.
- Act as Product Manager and lead the ongoing development of the Fan Data Services offer with new products that meet market needs and help grow the division (with a particular view to scalable, non-head hour revenues). Development and capture of Intellectual Capital to differentiate the Gemba offer and productise our methodologies.
- Leadership and management of required technology to support the Fan Data Services offer. Develop and execute the technology solutions to host, manage and analyse improved data and digital performance of Gemba clients. Contribute to and where appropriate align with wider Gemba/Tenka technology strategy. Leverage technology partners to bring capabilities to market under Gemba Fan Data Services umbrella. Ensure security and robustness of technology solutions implemented
- Pro-actively research key data, analytics and marketing technology trends in the sports and entertainment verticals (and also other verticals that could cross over)
- Leverage Gemba proprietary insights, client insights and third party/market insights to enrich Fan Data Services offer
- Manage division business planning and financial forecasts for Gemba Fan Data Services
- Lead the development and execution of a sales and marketing plan for Fan Data Services. Proactive outreach to potential clients. Responding to briefs and opportunities. Execution of Gemba account management and sales pipeline disciplines. Growth of top-line and profitable revenues for the division in line with agreed budgets
- Enhance the Gemba brand, reputation and profile in the Data Services space
- Recruit, manage and develop a team of in-house and contractor staff
- Maintain a people pipeline of data analysts, digital marketers and sports business intelligence analysts as appropriate to enable growth and resourcing of Fan Data Services team
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Experience in the Sports and Entertainment verticals, or a related field, is a pre-requisite
- Proven analytical and strategic, problem solving and critical thinking skills, able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in data models and reporting packages
- The ability to analyse, model and interpret large data sets
- Knowledge of data modelling, data cleansing, and data enrichment techniques
- The ability to produce clear graphical representations and data visualisations
- Ability to analyse existing tools and databases and provide software solution recommendations
- Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical, lay terms
- Ability to quickly adapt to and learn new concepts and systems
- Innovative and creative thinker able to approach complicated situations in a simple manner
- Confident communication and presentation skills when speaking with all levels
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to build and maintain productive working relationships internally and externally
The kind of place workplace you will be joining
We work at the cutting edge of the business or sport and entertainment – from developing rich fan insights, to valuing and structuring broadcast deals and major commercial partnerships, to executing compelling sports marketing campaigns. We work with the best clients in the world and seek to hire and develop the best people in the industry.
Outstanding people and culture are at the heart of our business and we judge ourselves on actions and behaviours. We take our values of empathy, dynamism, discipline and integrity, seriously. We measure them, hold ourselves accountable and hire accordingly. We invest in our people by offering a wide range of employee benefits designed to provide a positive, fun and balanced work/life experience.
We understand that you dedicate a big part of your life to your work. We believe it is only fair to gives you the best benefits to help you do the best job you can. Offering: flexible working arrangements, comprehensive professional development and if you hit the ground running, there is opportunity to be benefit from our staff bonus structure and staff equity plan.
If this opportunity sounds like your next move, apply via our website http://thegembagroup.com/careers/ and be sure to address your application to Nick Perry, our People & Culture Manager. Learn more about Gemba at www.thegembagroup.com, and about Tenka at tenka.group
NB: Applications Close on the 22nd of January 2021.
Recruitment Agencies, we appreciate the interest but we’ve got this one covered. Thanks!Apply for this job
MARKETING CONSULTANT | SYDNEY
- Work on a variety of projects and clients
- 1-2 years of consulting experience
- Experience in handling data and insights
Gemba, we’re a leading business advisory agency for data led strategic thinking, and we’re currently looking for an enthusiastic in-house Marketing Consultant to join our growing team. Based in Sydney, this is an exciting opportunity to establish yourself in a leading business in the most dynamic of industries.
What is the role?
Based in Sydney, the Marketing Consultant is part of a nimble strategic thinking team who take clients briefs and bring structured, critical analysis to deliver best in class creative ideas. They will work on the development and implementation of Marketing programs, as well as the delivery of Consumer and Market Insights to support Client Projects. The role encompasses both creative, and strategic, problem solving and will provide you with exposure to internal and client stakeholders.
Additionally, you will be responsible implementing internal communications projects and managing external vendors to ensure the optimal profitability on projects and contributing to the collation and distribution of market insights.
Who are we looking for?
Our new Marketing Consultant will be tertiary qualified and has a professional curiosity about the planning and development of business programs that drive market share, profitability and ROI (You’ll thrive in a dynamic environment, working across a multitude of tasks simultaneously. We’re looking for an energetic, career-minded individual with excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills and a general understanding of marketing, consulting and business disciplines. Other skills and experience includes:
- university graduate having completed a Commerce, Economics, Finance, Law, Marketing (or similar) university degree to a very high standard
- Preferred 1-2 years’ work experience at a company relevant to their studies
- General involvement in the development of strategies based on insights
- Understanding of both quantitative and qualitative research methods and the appropriate uses, and an ability to apply insights
- Strong analytical capability
- Ability to solve problems logically and with clear structure
- The ability to think creatively and be comfortable with ambiguity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
It’s a great opportunity to kick-start your career with this fast moving and successful business that is breaking new ground in the industry.
How to apply for this job?
Written applications including a CV and cover letter addressing the key selection criteria outlined above should be addressed to Nick Perry, People & Culture Manager, and emailed to email@example.com
Applications close Wednesday 23rd of December 2020
NB: All candidates require working rights of this country to perform the role.
Recruitment Agencies we appreciate the interest but we’ve got this one covered. Thanks!
Gemba is a leading full-service consultancy with offices in Australia and Europe with an enviable list of local and global clients across the sporting, entertainment and consumer goods sector.
Our Marketing team works with brands and rightsholders to understand and identify how they can connect with their target audience through Sport and Entertainment. We achieve this through a considered and rigorous approach that is underpinned by consumer insights.
Outstanding people and culture are at the heart of our business and we judge ourselves on actions and behaviours. We take our values seriously. We measure them, hold ourselves accountable and hire accordingly. We invest in our people by offering a wide range of employee benefits designed to provide a positive, fun and balanced work/life experienceApply for this job
SPORTS BUSINESS DATA ANALYST | SYDNEY OR MELBOURNE
Full-time. Sydney or Melbourne, Australia
- Passion for sport & entertainment highly valued
- 1-3 years consulting experience
- Experience working with consumer data and management consulting is advantageous
We are anticipating hiring for one or more highly capable sports business data analysts, based in Sydney or Melbourne, to work on data-driven strategy and fan data services for our suite of clients.
The ideal candidate is a data-driven all-rounder, with the capability and passion to get their hands dirty with data as well as be able to understand, articulate and deliver business outcomes for the sports and entertainment industry. If sounds like the career path you want to head down then take a look at the skills that we need, below:
- You will have 1-3 years of experience working in the sports, entertainment, or similar industry: cleansing, analysing and managing data across a range of sources and platforms, and using analytical and visualisation techniques to drive commercial outcomes.
- You are comfortable with wrangling disparate data sets and finding the consumer and commercial insights within
- You will need advanced proficiency in Excel and a solid understanding of one or more data coding languages (Python preferred, but other languages including: R are highly valued)
- Skills in SQL and data visualisation tools will be highly regarded
- You must be able to form strong relationships with senior client stakeholders, and to work independently under guidance.
- Experience in a data-led digital customer marketing team is preferred
Interested? Let us know how your background, skills and attitude may be right for us, by sending in your Cover Letter and CV addressed to Nick Perry, People & Culture Manager; via http://thegembagroup.com/careers/
In your application please include your:
- Current employment status
- Notice period/available start
- Salary range expectations
NB: You must hold the rights to work in Australia
Recruitment agencies, we appreciate the interest, but we’ve got this one covered. Thanks!Apply for this job
Kick-start your career at Gemba.
Gemba offers third year university students who are currently studying an undergraduate degree the opportunity to complete their Vocational Placement at Gemba. If you are required to complete a set number of placement hours as part of your course, then come and get the best S&E experience with us, …
- The placement must be done as a requirement of a tertiary education or training course.
- The placement is unpaid
- The placement will be for a set period of time depending on the requirement of the course.
To apply, please send your CV/Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Unfortunately we are unable to offer work experience placements to secondary school students or to graduates who have completed their university degree.
For 3rd year tertiary students who are not required to complete placement hours as part of their degree but are still studying, we will consider applications pending an official request from your University.Apply for this job